January 2022 SHIB Burn - Shiba Coffee Company

January 2022 SHIB Burn - Shiba Coffee Company

Shiba Coffee Company experienced a lot of great firsts after opening shop in 2021. So far, after only one month, 2022 looks to be one for the record books, not only for Shiba Coffee Company, but for SHIB and the SHIBARMY as well! We can't wait to see what 2022 brings us all! But first, let's take a look at January and the burn.

The world's first Shiba Soccer Tournament was successfully held in Ghana, thanks to the amazing organizational skills of one of our most active SHIBARMY members, @Bankykanta. The tournament was a success, and the kids involved had a lot of fun. We at Shiba Coffee Company look forward to working more with @Bankykanta, as he and his team prepare to formally organize as a registered charity. We are also finalizing a few things in order to sell official soccer jerseys related to the tournament.

January also brought Shiba Coffee Company's first two games to market, which are both available to download on Android and both contribute to burning SHIB. Shiba Coffee Adventures, our flagship game, has nearly 300 downloads to date, and boasts 30 five star reviews, all after only being live for a few weeks! And the community has been great in helping us identify bugs, which our developer has been able to push through updates for. Our second game, Coffee Match, is also receiving great reviews! Both games burn SHIB directly through ad revenue, and also help us to invest in more burn mechanisms for the community that will help burn much more SHIB than we are able to burn now.

At the end of January, we started a new and original project working with some of the best NFT artists in the Shiba community. In collaboration with these artists, we are auctioning off exclusive 1/1 NFTs that pair with a physical item, a coffee mug, with the unique artwork on it. Our first auction, featuring @NFTShibae, was a smashing success! The auctions not only contribute to burning SHIB, with a 90% burn rate, but also help the artists by giving them the remaining 10% of the final auction price.

We all but finalized our operations in the United Kingdom, and should be able to start taking orders for local UK coffee as early as next week! Our website for those across the pond can be found at www.shibacoffeecompany.co.uk. We are looking to expand into even more markets this year too! So stay tuned!

Finally, we were able to make our THIRD burn, totaling nearly 20 million SHIB. Thanks to everybody in the community for making this possible, for supporting what we are doing, and for enjoying our fresh, roast-to-order coffee!

Proof of burn: https://etherscan.io/tx/0xfa17b3e8fb582f70d445fcfbfd88b825fe8a5dc3775fa4869b910511b56dcf4b

Back to blog